GBRf Charity Railtours – Conditions of Booking
1. GB Railfreight Charity Railtours are administrated and operated by volunteers, all of whom provide their services without charge, over and above their usual day to day activities as employees of GB Railfreight. To that end, in order to ensure communications regarding these trains are handled by the correct team, all enquiries and communications should be made by e-mail to email@example.com
2. Enquiries made through the channel above will be monitored as often as possible, and responses provided at the earliest opportunity, usually within 3-5 days.
3. Enquiries should NOT be made through our HQ or through the normal GBRf website.
4. Enquiries should NOT be made by telephone as there is no infrastructure or resource to manage this.
1. When initially advertised, we will provide provisional times for our trains. Provisional times are only a guide and when booking, passengers accept that these may differ from the confirmed times. Confirmed times will be advertised on this website, and on our Social Media site around 7-10 days prior to the operation of any train.
2. Seats on board some of our trains can ONLY be booked and paid for in advance through this website and we will clearly state if this is the case in the description of each tour on the wesite. Where only prior booking is available, GB Railfreight reserve the right to charge an additional fee for some seating requirements, for example, the table for two supplement in our First Class Accommodation.
Customer Cancellations or Alterations
1. For cancellation requests received more than 28 days prior to the date of departure, a refund will be given. To cover costs, GB Railfreight will deduct £5 per seat booked from the refund amount.
2. No refund will be given for cancellations received less than 28 days prior to the tour departure or for failure to board the train.
3. Refunds should be requested by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
GBRf Charity Railtours – Conditions of Travel
On the Day
1. GB Railfreight will make all reasonable endeavours to ensure that trains run according to the confirmed schedule, via the planned route and with the planned locomotives as advertised. However, GB Railfreight does not accept any responsibility for delays, alterations or curtailment of any itinerary as a result of circumstances outside of its control.
2. Locomotives in particular are subject to availability on the day. All reasonable efforts will be made to provide advertised locomotives, however the organisers reserve the right to substitute alternative suitable traction where necessary and without notice.
3. GB Railfreight cannot be held liable for missed connections, or non-use of tickets.
4. Passengers are responsible for ensuring they are on the platform prior to the confirmed departure time of trains. Our trains will not normally be held for late running National Rail Services.
5. GB Railfreight reserves the right to refuse access to, or remove from its trains, any persons who are considered to be using inappropriate behaviour, endangering themselves, affecting the safety of the train and its passengers, spoiling the enjoyment for other passengers on the train, or failing to comply with any reasonable requests made by a member of the on-train staff.
We'd particularly like to make it clear that leaning out of windows or holding cameras or other such equipment out of windows whilst trains are in motion is strictly prohibited.
6. If travel is not undertaken, or curtailed as a result of clause 3, 4 or 5 above, passengers will NOT be eligible for a refund.
7. Where alcohol is available on board we will operate a challenge 21 policy.
8. If a full day of a trains operation is cancelled by GB Railfreight, a full refund will be made for the day of operation concerned, but no other liability will be incurred. In the event that a day of operation, which is part of a multi-day operation, is cancelled by GBRailfreight, a proportional refund will be provided
9. If a train is curtailed en-route, GB Railfreight will make reasonable endeavours to return customers to their joining stations. This may involve alternative means of transport.
10. Where a multi-day train is operating, and the train is scheduled to stable overnight, the train will be run empty to depots for servicing. Accommodation overnight is NOT included in any ticket and passengers are responsible for arranging this for themselves. Passengers should not expect to be able to remain on stations or railway premises overnight, nor should any inference that participating in travel on our trains allows this.
11. If you have any issues during your journey you must bring them to the attention of one of the GB Railfreight on-train stewards or the Train Manager, in order that there is an opportunity to rectify the situation. If the problem is not resolved then please put your complaint in writing, by e-mail, to the GB Railfreight Charity Railtours e-mail address no later than 10 days after your date of travel.
12. Your booking is taken as constituting acceptance of these conditions.
In no event shall the service provider be liable for any damage arising, directly or indirectly, from the use of the information contained on this web site including damages arising from inaccuracies, omissions or errors. Any person relying on any of the information contained on this web site or making any use of the information contained herein, shall do so at its own risk. The service provider hereby disclaims any liability and shall not be held liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential damages including loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of opportunity or other loss.